Food delivery service is an essential part of the restaurant experience and services, with 60% of consumers ordering delivery or takeout once a week.
Consumers expect restaurants to deliver food to their homes and businesses quickly, with 33% saying they would pay a higher fee for faster delivery.
To accomplish this, restaurants use mapping technology to plan their routes.
However, one option, third-party ordering and delivery apps like UberEats and DoorDash, take a huge chunk out of restaurant profits. To combat this, restaurants with multiple locations are developing in-house delivery mapping tools. One way to improve bottom lines in the food and beverage industry is by using food delivery mapping technology.
With delivery mapping and route optimization tools, restaurateurs can optimize routes, reduce time and fuel costs, and track deliveries in real-time.
So, what is the best mapping technology for a restaurant or delivery service? In this article, we’ll explore what food delivery mapping technology is and how the MapQuest for Business Route Planner works for restaurants.
What Is Food Delivery Mapping?
Food delivery mapping technology lets restaurant owners enter customer addresses for multi-stop deliveries, see where their drivers are, and share accurate delivery times with customers. With an application programming interface (API), restaurants and food delivery services can sync mapping solutions with existing point of sale (POS) systems.
Many restaurant leaders turn to the best food delivery mapping technology to streamline route planning and deliver to more customers without hiring extra drivers. MapQuest for Business offers geomarketing and navigation tools built for multi-location restaurants.
How Food Delivery Mapping Technology Works
Additionally, MapQuest’s Location Services let your application keep a database with the current location of your delivery vehicles, speed, bearing, and multiple other variables. To find the location of your asset, you can query the database for complete details.
However, before optimizing implementing new route optimization tools, consider various use cases and mapping features, and determine how to increase your return on investment (ROI).
- Review Available Mapping Features
Restaurant leaders can implement a variety of custom solutions for food delivery. MapQuest’s Route Planner lets you add up to 26 locations at once, so you can quickly visualize your delivery route. But, several other tools benefit restaurants with multiple locations, such as:
- Traffic API: Help drivers avoid construction zones or congestion and alter routes to ensure timely deliveries.
- Geocoding API: Quickly verify delivery customer addresses and route drivers right to your customer’s driveway.
- Data Manager API: Upload, edit, or delete datasets on secure MapQuest servers and add point, line, and polygon features.
- Place Search API: Direct customers to the closest restaurant and let them filter results by restaurant features, such as carryout or delivery.
- Directions API: Use the Directions API with Place Search API to give customers turn-by-turn instructions.
- Develop a Custom Solution Using MapQuest for Business
API publishers, such as MapQuest for Business, provide your developers with comprehensive documentation and guides for implementing food delivery mapping technology. Your team can get started for free using MapQuest’s developer tools for up to 15,000 transactions per month.
From integrating food delivery mapping technology to leveraging geomarketing for ad campaigns, MapQuest for Business helps restaurant leaders create efficient and effective processes to delight customers.
- Earn a Return on Investment
Leaders can use the Data Manager API to view routes and vehicles during a set time and find trends to assist with decision-making. With accurate historical and real-time data, restaurant owners can explore:
- Opportunities to open a new location, based on prospective customer information
- Ways to reduce fuel costs and save wear and tear on vehicles
- Improvements to customer experience, such as adding delivery tracking features
- Hiring and scheduling options using route data and POS information
Next Steps: Optimize Your Food Delivery Services
Food delivery mapping is a game-changer in food ordering and delivery management. It ensures your orders are processed accurately and quickly. By incorporating MapQuest for Business tools into your workflows, you can cut down on customer wait times, maximize driver resources, and stay aware of deliveries and drivers. Learn how MapQuest for Business can help you increase profits by connecting with the MapQuest for Business team.
Join Our Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list for first access to industry news, blog posts, and more.